I love the idea of airtime, but it lacks too much functionality (unless I'm missing something in which case please feel free to correct me)
This is a huge diversion from other radio automation software that I've seen (I've had experience with SAM, RadioDJ and Zara)
- You have to work with playlists that are built in advance,
- You can not add to a playlist that is currently playing,
- You can not add individual tracks (eg you have a playlist playing but a request comes in, you have to build a new playlist to play after the current one)
- You can't re-order songs once the playlist is playing
- You can't have jingles played every x songs
The idea of having a web interface is great, as I work for a community radio station and provide the backup stream if theirs goes down for whatever reason, the remote control functionality would at least let them have some control over what the backup stream plays rather than a pure auto-dj stream which is what we have as a backup at the moment.
Like I said, I may be missing things here, but I've installed on Ubuntu today and had a dig around and can't find the points above, or maybe I'm asking too much from a web based automation solution.